Casa Garden celebrates 40 years with FOX40 by whipping up their Penne Pasta with Garlic Chicken. Watch the video and grab the recipe below!
Watch the Video
Recipe for Penne Pasta with Garlic Chicken
Serves 8 or more, depending upon how much chicken is put on each bowl.
- 8 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 3 cups Caesar salad dressing (use more, if desired)
Marinate chicken in dressing for 1 hour, and place well-coated chicken on baking pan. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
While the chicken is baking, prepare Garlic Sauce (recipe below) and cook the penne pasta. When chicken is cooked, cool slightly and slice diagonally into 5-6 pieces.
At serving time, mix pasta with sauce in pan. Scoop pasta and sauce mixture into ramekins or pasta bowls and top with hot chicken breast slices. Garnish with chopped parsley and diced red bell pepper.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon minced, peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa, or more to taste
Melt butter in heavy bottomed saucepan. Sauté garlic until golden. Add flour and mix until smooth. Add chicken broth and sherry slowly to the garlic/flour mixture, constantly whisking until smooth.
Bring mixture to a boil to allow sauce to thicken slightly. Lower the heat to simmer, whisk cream and white pepper into mixture, and heat through. Add sun-dried tomatoes and harissa; stir constantly until sauce is smooth.
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil; add salt and vegetable oil.
- Add penne pasta to boiling water, and cook 8-9 minutes until barely tender.
- Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Toss in bowl with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper